: FSOSS CFP announced
Christopher Browne
2014-08-11 21:26:57 UTC
The now annual FSOSS conference at the ***@York Campus was just
announced for Oct 23-24, and they are calling for papers. See
http://fsoss.ca for more details.
Chris F.A. Johnson
2014-08-11 21:42:04 UTC
announced for Oct 23-24, and they are calling for papers.  See
http://fsoss.ca for more details.
Oh dear. Another one for the collection: <Loading Image...>
Chris F.A. Johnson, <http://cfajohnson.com>
Marcelo Cavalcante
2014-08-11 23:40:44 UTC
Which browser do you use?

Tried it in firefox, chromium, opera and konqueror.. looks fine for all of
these.

o.O

In fact, I did even try it in many browsers through:
http://browsershots.org/

best,

Marcelo Cavalcante Rocha - Kalib

Pós-Graduando em Governança de Tecnologia da Informação - ESTÁCIO/FIC
Graduado em Sistemas de Informações - ESTÁCIO/FIC
Usuário Linux #407564 | Usuário Asterisk #1148
Fortaleza - Ceará - Brazil
Celular: +55 085 87620983
Certificações: ITIL V3
<http://www.itil-officialsite.com/Qualifications/ITILV3QualificationLevels/ITILV3FoundationQualificationinITServiceManagement.aspx>
| CSM <http://www.scrumalliance.org/> | LPI-C1 <http://www.lpi.org/> |
LPI-C2 <http://www.lpi.org/> | LPI-C3 <http://www.lpi.org/> | Novell CLA
<http://www.novell.com/training/certinfo/cla/>
Minha Pessoa: Blog <http://www.marcelocavalcante.net>
Projetos: Tux-CE <http://www.tux-ce.org> | Archlinux-br
<http://www.archlinux-br.org> | Chakra <http://www.chakra-project.org/> | KDE
Brasil <http://br.kde.org> | TLUG <http://gtalug.org/wiki/Main_Page> |
PUG-CE <http://pug-ce.python.org.br/blog/>

Proteja meu endereço como estou protegendo o seu.
Não revele e-mail dos correspondentes: use Cco (Copia Carbonada Oculta).
Retire os endereços antes de reenviar. Dificulte assim a
disseminação de vírus e spam.
Oh dear. Another one for the collection: <http://b.cfaj.ca/fsoss.jpg>
Chris F.A. Johnson, <http://cfajohnson.com>
Chris F.A. Johnson
2014-08-12 00:26:43 UTC
Post by Marcelo Cavalcante
Which browser do you use?
Tried it in firefox, chromium, opera and konqueror.. looks fine for all of these.
It has nothing to do with which browser. It has to do with the
viewer's minimum font size.

<http://twd.cfaj.ca/knownot.html>
Marcelo Cavalcante
2014-08-12 00:51:48 UTC
Hello Chris,

Got to admit, you have an interesting point of view. I did just read all
your page and I must confess.. as I'm not a designer, I never really
thought about these things. I'm used to run my web browsers with the
default configurations, so I never had these kind of problems. In fact, I
did create a few pages, but only for personal purposes and never really
thought about all of those aspects.

For example, right now I'm curious about my personal blog. Does it looks
like fine for you? I would be glad to receive a screenshot of it from your
perspective: http://blog.marcelocavalcante.net

PS: No need to send it to the list, as this is probably OFF TOPIC.

Best Regards,

[...]

Post by Marcelo Cavalcante
Which browser do you use?
Lennart Sorensen
2014-08-12 19:47:21 UTC
Post by Chris F.A. Johnson
announced for Oct 23-24, and they are calling for papers.  See
http://fsoss.ca for more details.
Oh dear. Another one for the collection: <http://b.cfaj.ca/fsoss.jpg>
Hmm, with my iceweasel install it looks fine, even going to minimum and
maximum zoom. What else are you doing to get that? That is certainly
an interesting result.
--
Len Sorensen
Chris F.A. Johnson
2014-08-12 20:00:46 UTC
Post by Lennart Sorensen
Post by Chris F.A. Johnson
announced for Oct 23-24, and they are calling for papers.  See
http://fsoss.ca for more details.
Oh dear. Another one for the collection: <http://b.cfaj.ca/fsoss.jpg>
Hmm, with my iceweasel install it looks fine, even going to minimum and
maximum zoom. What else are you doing to get that? That is certainly
an interesting result.
I have a minumum font-size of 20px.
Chris F.A. Johnson, <http://cfajohnson.com>
Stewart C. Russell
2014-08-12 23:12:35 UTC
Post by Chris F.A. Johnson
I have a minumum font-size of 20px.
That's what triggers it for me.

Stewart

--
The Toronto Linux Users Group. Meetings: http://gtalug.org/
Chris F.A. Johnson
2014-08-12 23:21:28 UTC
Post by Stewart C. Russell
Post by Chris F.A. Johnson
I have a minumum font-size of 20px.
That's what triggers it for me.
I haven't looked at the CSS, but the problem is almost certainly
caused by an unnecessary height specification.
David Collier-Brown
2014-08-13 12:49:09 UTC
Post by Lennart Sorensen
Post by Chris F.A. Johnson
Post by Christopher Browne
announced for Oct 23-24, and they are calling for papers. See
http://fsoss.ca for more details.
Oh dear. Another one for the collection: <http://b.cfaj.ca/fsoss.jpg>
Hmm, with my iceweasel install it looks fine, even going to minimum and
maximum zoom. What else are you doing to get that? That is certainly
an interesting result.
I also got a bizzare image, using Firefox 27.0.1 on Fedora 19,
3.13.6-100.fc19.x86_64

I get a Seneca/NSERC logo over a fragment of the page with some parts
overprinted.

--dave
--
David Collier-Brown, | Always do right. This will gratify
davecb-***@public.gmane.org | -- Mark Twain

--
The Toronto Linux Users Group. Meetings: http://gtalug.org/
Tim Tisdall
2014-08-13 13:05:22 UTC
People make assumptions all the time that causes unforeseen issues.
Example on your own site: http://b.cfaj.ca/?start=500&num=15 The "Next"
link is no longer a link.

This is why no browser zoom works by changing the font size any more...
Pretty much every page broke when you did that because it was designed
poorly. They all do a "photo" kind of zoom.

-Tim
David Collier-Brown
2014-08-13 17:44:27 UTC
Post by Tim Tisdall
People make assumptions all the time that causes unforeseen issues.
Example on your own site: http://b.cfaj.ca/?start=500&num=15 The
"Next" link is no longer a link.
This is why no browser zoom works by changing the font size any
more... Pretty much every page broke when you did that because it was
designed poorly. They all do a "photo" kind of zoom.
-Tim
Hmmn, I wonder if I can write a port script to find/fix this at the
level that creates the html. The html itself just says

&nbsp; &nbsp; [ 501 – 515 of 523 ] &nbsp; &nbsp; Next

--dave
Jamon Camisso
2014-08-11 23:04:51 UTC
Post by Chris F.A. Johnson
Post by Christopher Browne
announced for Oct 23-24, and they are calling for papers. See
http://fsoss.ca for more details.
Oh dear. Another one for the collection: <http://b.cfaj.ca/fsoss.jpg>
Care to elaborate? Have you shared details with the site maintainer(s)?
Looks fine in Firefox to me with and without javascript.

Cheers, Jamon

--
The Toronto Linux Users Group. Meetings: http://gtalug.org/